Last year a few us did a Beer advent calendar at VHS. It was awesome! This year we have worked out a few bugs and I think its ready for the entire membership. Anyone that wants to joins us can.
Google +: https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/cn4kkcbu7lh6ceiu2ei7e7tervg
Forum Post: https://talk.vanhack.ca/t/beer-advent-calendar-vhs-style-event/607?u=funvill
Nov 29, 7:30pm Sunday
People that are over 18th and like beer.
Non-VHSers or Ex-VHSers can joins us, but you should be at least a friend of the space or a friend of someone there.
- Step 1: Announce that you want to participate by replying to this thread with “I want to participate” https://talk.vanhack.ca/t/beer-advent-calendar-vhs-style-event/607
- Step 2: Purchase ~30 craft or specialty beers. Expect to pay between $6 and $7 per beer. ~$210 + tax. See below for more instructions. Don’t drink these beers yet!
- Step 3: Show up at VHS on Nov 30 (Sunday) 2pm with all your beers + $10 for materials (tube, cardboard, wrapping paper)
- Step 4: Place everyones beers on the table, Take a picture ! Instagram that shit!
- Step 5: Each person goes up and picks two beers to be added to their Beer advent calendar. Repeat until everyone has 25 beers.
- Step 6: Make Advent calendar (See below) While drinking the extra 5 beers that everyone brought.
Total is should cost around ~$220 depending on what beers you buy.
What kind of beers should I buy?
You should buy beer that fits in a packing tubes with approximately 3 inches diameter and 10 inches tall. Average beer can is typically 4.5″ high x 2.4″ diameter. Average beer bottle is 9.039 inches tall x 2.4″ diameter. Either way it should fit in the packing tube.
- You should buy strange and exotic beers that most people have not tried before.
- You should buy beer. No crab juice, or mountain dew !
- You should buy good beer, No crab juice, or mountain dew !!
- You should buy beer that is alcoholic, No crab juice, or mountain dew !!!
- You should buy beer that you would like to try yourself.
- Bottles or cans are okay as long as they fit in the tube.
You should not buy
- No crab juice, or mountain dew !!!
- No Canadian or Molsan, Budweisers, Bud light, Coors light, Blue, Keiths, Heineken, Corona, Stella Artois, Dos Equis, Sam Adams
- No Guinness, I am sorry, its a good beer but its not exotic,
- No snakes in a can. it been done, its not funny because after you are done laughing, you realise that you don’t have a beer today.
How to make a Beer advent calendar
[Q] What is the extra $10 for ?
[A] The packing tube, the cardboard box that the tubes get put in to, the wrapping paper. If you have a suggestion on where to get it cheaper I would love to know about it.
[Q] I spent more on my beers then he did, but he got more beers than I did, its not fair!
[A] We are adults, you should be able to figure this out. Don’t spend more than ~$7 on a beer.
[Q] This is expensive!
[A] Thats not a question, but if its too expensive then you probably shouldn’t be participating
[Q] Its cheaper if I buy it from the store myself
[A] Then do that.
[Q] I don’t like beer can we do this with XXXXX instead?
[A] Not instead, but yes. I would love to see other advent XXXX as well. If you do a whisky one I would be in for that too. A devboard advent calendar ?
[Q] What do you have against crab juice?
[Q] Why are you running this on a sunday?
[A] Last day before december !